I Believe

Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 12!

Hey yo!

You run out of ways to start an email... On the 27th, I will be on my
mission for 3 months. That's crazy. Time has flown. If anyone told you
a mission was easy, they lied. It is really hard. But they are right
when it's the best experience. I have learned a lot. About myself
mainly. A mission also isn't just for those you are serving but mainly
for the one serving.
Things I have learned:
-I hate California weather. Too dang hot!
-I am easily annoyed... Figures, I'm a Jensen. Hah
- but I love California culture
- I love meeting new people

We had an investigator come to church on Sunday! Her name is Charis.
She is so wonderful! She has such strong faith and a beautiful
testimony. They showed up late, 1 hour late but the effort was enough.
They just had a baby so they are having a hard time sleeping through
the night.
Sometimes, members and no members over look how important it is to go
to church. I couldn't say it better than Charis, "Church is like a
recharge for your inner battery. It's makes the following week so much
easier." Amen Sister!
I struggle with anxiety really bad. So bad that I feel like I am
suffocating everyday. But, am able to  breath again when I go to
church and partake of the sacrament. Remember my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Knowing that he has felt every single thing that we have. That we
aren't alone in anything.!

It was another investigators 11th birthday! Nathan. Very smart kid. He
loves church too (: We made him a scripture case out of cardboard,
(thanks mom for the packages for the cardboard. And Shane for the
idea!) They went to Disney Land for the new Harry Potter thing. It was
a surprise to him so I'm excited to hear how much he loved it!

My Mission President has challenged me to write down tender mercies
every day. To help me see the Lord's hand in the day. Of course, I
left the notes at home and I can't remember. It's amazing how much we
can just over look some amazing moments throughout the day. The
smallest thing make up the biggest downs of the day.

It makes me think of this scripture in Mosiah. King Benjamin, a
prophet, is declaring the Lords work and commandments to the people.
Love this man! It is in Chapter 3 verse 3 and 4.
3 And he said unto me: Awake, and hear the words which I shall tell
thee; for behold, I am come to declare unto you the glad tidings of
great joy.

4 For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thy
righteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest
rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may
also be filled with joy.

Hear his words! Find those tender mercies throughout the day. My
companion has a year calendar on the wall and after everyday she
writes hers down. Get a calendar. Simple.

I love ya'll. You are my sunshine and my support that hold me up.
Love always,
Sister Jensen
7000 Central Ave
Highland, CA 92346
Water! get your water!

Wonderful Mission President and wife! President and Sister Dixon!

No comments:

Post a Comment