I Believe

Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6 2016

Happy June everyone.

I can't believe it is June already. Where has the time gone? Well it sure isn't the nice 80 degree summer down here! It got up to 108 degrees a few days. I about died. I am so thankful we have a car. (: 

Onto the fun news. We had a baptism on Saturday (: It was so great to be on the other side. I have seen my nieces and nephews be baptized but there is a special feeling seeing some stranger change their entire life for the gospel and Jesus Christ. This wonderful lady, Crystal, is a mom of 4 beautiful kids. But she has not had it easy. Without sharing too many details, I believe in miracles. She has proven the world that you can be sober and happy. I guess that is the best way to put it. ha ha This lady, went to a woman's conference with her sisters (This family is HUGE and they adopted her in), but she felt the spirit so strong she immidetaly wanted us to teach her. This all happened before I came here but Sister Olsen and the previous sister had done wonderful being the speakers of God. The baptism was so special. I cried. I don't cry at things at like very often. Her sisters sang How Great Thou Art so beautifully it sounded like angels. 

I am so happy that I was able to be part of Crystal's new path in life. She has strengthened my faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement for us. 

This morning we went for a "hike." It wasn't much of a hike. more like a little trail walk. haha California has been in a drought for a while now. There are ditches where there is supposed to be rivers and creeks and there are none. I was surprised to see that there was still this water fall that we to go see. God did create a very beautiful place for us to live though. I am amazed of all the beauty we have around us and take advantage of. 

I want to share with you guys, that when times get rough, don't give up. Sometimes I need to take my own advice. The only way we can get through the hard times is to serve others, serve God and do what he has asked us to do. I know that as we read and ponder the scriptures and pray often we will be happier. I forget to do both of those things. But when I remember, I am so much brighter(:

-- 
-- 
Love Always,
Sister Jensen






No comments:

Post a Comment